Thursday, October 28, 2010

Leaves are falling!

Wow how life changes with two little ones! It's been a busy last four months and I'll try to give a quick update.

We (the four of us) traveled to Alaska in July. Zach went fishing again and caught more salmon that are filling our freezer. We flew to Spokane in July for a PE training for Zach. We also finally went to Sun Valley and Stanley. Drove through some really pretty areas of Idaho and vowed to go back again soon. Yes we have been traveling fools since Evan came along.

Speaking of the kids...Evan is now 4 months old. He's a scrawny tall dude. He is in the 5th percentile for weight and 90th percentile for height. He just started solids this week and we are hoping that puts a little bit more fat on his bones. He's a great little sleeper and is only up once to nurse at night. Love that I get good sleep with him. He's full of smiles and giggles and is currently working on rolling over.

Kaitlyn is a very proud sister. She always talks about "my Evan". She receieved a locket from her great-grandma and the only picture she wants to put in it is Evan's. She's been a wonderful help to me with him also. She is now two and in full potty training mode. She does really well, only in diapers at night. I don't quite trust her to make it through the night yet. She's full of words. Loves to draw and paint and be outside. She's learning her ABC's, colors, shapes, and can even count to 10 now. She also loves to sing songs before she goes to sleep. My favorite Kaitlyn quote right now, "Sun up, mommy. Sun up mommy, please." Only it sounds like "shut up, mommy. Shut up mommy, please." My first thought was what is daycare teaching her! :)

Zach is just finishing football. Last game tomorrow. It's been a rough year and all of us are very excited that it is finally over. He's been teaching more PE this year which has been a lot of fun for him. He also finished working on our back patio this summer and did some other yard improvements, including our first vegetable garden.

When I'm not being a Mommy or a wife, I'm a teacher and a student. Still teaching 4th grade, loving it. And I started back to school in August to pursue my masters degree in educational administation. Yes, I'm busy! I'm also half way through dog training with Oz. Anxiously waiting for Thankgiving break to get a breather in.

McGee's are doing well and enjoying our busy lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment