Thursday, October 29, 2009

Winter's First Touch

Today we had our first snow, granted it didn't stick. You could still feel the stiff wind of winter whistle through the air. Tis another season. More growing and learning done by all. Kaitlyn is now 14 months and just an amazement to me. She loves to play, loves to take baths, loves to hang all over the dogs. She's most recently been trying to jump and is taking her hand at potty training. She's picked up on using her potty seat very quickly, much to the surprise of everyone around her. Hoping to get out of diapers by the summer. Cross my fingers. Her favorite food right now is spaghetti and milk. She loves it! Mommy however doesn't love to clean it off from everything.

Zach is finishing his last football game as I type. It's been along season and I think we are really glad to see this one end. I've not made it to a lot of games. Having a kid in tow just doesn't allow for much game watching, that coupled with the cold weather we've been experiencing has just made me not so excited to venture out. Zach has been given an additional period of health this year. He's teaching 6 periods straight, which means he has over 180 students. It's nice to have the extra pay, but it creates a lot more work for him.

I have been equally as busy. When not chasing around my darling daughter, I'm grading papers, researching new lessons, or writing. I've enrolled in a writing course where I hope to be published. It's taken a lot of time, but it's been a dream of mine to write a book. I've also taken on a bunch of extra leadership responsibilities at school. And hopefully will be going back to school this summer to pursue my Masters in Educational Administration, so all is good training.

Over all, the start to the fall has been great, busy, but great! I'll try to update more often and hopefully get some pictures up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment